Lal Bahadur Shastri was one of the most loved Prime Ministers of India. He was born on 2nd October 1904 in Mughalsarai, Varanasi. He was the Prime Minister of India when 1965 Indo-Pak war broke out. At that time, he gave the famous slogan of “Jai Jawan Jai Kisan” which connected with the masses.
The death anniversary of the second Prime Minister of India is observed on 11 January, he passed away on this day in 1966 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. He had dedicated more than 30 years to the country and came to be known as a man of great integrity and competence. He was a man of great inner strength, humble and tolerant. He understood people’s language and was a man of vision towards the country’s progress.
Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti 2022: Quotes
- We believe in peace and peaceful development, not only for ourselves but for people all over the world.
- The basic idea of governance, as I see it, is to hold the society together so that it can develop and march towards certain goals.
- India will have to hang down her head in shame if even one person is left who is said in any way to be untouchable.
- The preservation of freedom, is not the task of soldiers alone. The whole nation has to be strong.
- I am not as simple as I look.
- We have now to fight for peace with the same courage and determination as we fought against aggression.
- That loyalty to the country comes ahead of all other loyalties. And this is an absolute loyalty, since one cannot weight it in terms of what one receives.
- The rule of law should be respected so that the basic structure of our democracy is maintained and further strengthened.
Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti 2022: Wishes
- We believe in the dignity of man as an individual, whatever his race, colour or creed, and his right to a better, fuller, and richer life. Happy Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti 2022!
- India will have to hang down her head in shame if even one person is left who is said in any way to be untouchable. Happy Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti 2022!
- Our country has often stood like a solid rock in the face of common danger, and there is a deep underlying unity that runs like a golden thread through all our seeming diversity. Happy Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti 2022!
- The unique thing about our country is that we have Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Parsis, and people of all other religions. We have temples and mosques, gurdwaras and churches. But we do not bring all this into politics. Happy Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti 2022!
- There are no doubts to be fundamental science research, but applied research is equally important for new improvements and changes in our techniques. Happy Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti 2022!
- “Jai Jawan Jai Kisan”. Wish you a Happy Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti.