Team India’s Squad for T20 WC: Team India will leave for Australia on 6 October for the T20 World Cup 2022. This time there will be 5 players in Team India’s 15-member squad who will play the T20 World Cup for the first time. This includes both young and experienced players.
Who are these players? See here…
1. Deepak Hooda: Deepak Hooda’s international debut has also happened this year. In such a situation, he has also been selected in the T20 World Cup squad for the first time. The middle-order batsman has so far scored 293 runs in 12 T20Is. Hooda is currently injured and there is a possibility that he may be out of the squad.
2. Yuzvendra Chahal: This will be the first T20 World Cup for Yuzvendra Chahal, the highest wicket-taker for Team India in T20 cricket. He was not included in the team in last year’s T20 World Cup 2021 and his T20 debut could not be done till 2016 T20 World Cup before that. Yuzvendra Chahal has so far taken 85 wickets in 67 T20 matches.
3. Axar Patel: Spin all-rounder Axar Patel has made his T20 International debut in the year 2015 itself, but he could not find a place in the squads of both the T20 World Cups held in the meantime. This time too there was no hope of him playing the World Cup but due to Ravindra Jadeja’s injury, he got a chance in the team. Axar Patel has taken 31 wickets and scored 153 runs in 31 T20 Internationals.
4. Harshal Patel: The international debut of medium fast bowler Harshal Patel has happened only after the last T20 World Cup. In such a situation, this will be the first T20 World Cup for him. Harshal has played 22 T20 matches so far. Here he has 26 wickets in his name.
5. Arshdeep Singh: This is also the first T20 World Cup for Arshdeep Singh, who made his international debut after IPL 2022. From his debut till now, this player won the hearts of everyone with his bowling and was successful in making a place in the World Cup squad. Arshdeep has so far taken 19 wickets in 13 T20 matches.
For more update visit hindumetro