The terrorist attack in Mumbai in the year 2008 has completed 14 years today, but even today its wounds are alive in the heart of every person of the country. On 26/11, one of the darkest days in the history of India, the terrorists carried out one of the most brutal terror attacks ever. In this attack, ten Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists entered Mumbai and carried out a series of shootings and bomb blasts for four days.
164 people were killed and more than 300 were injured in this attack. The terrorists had many motives behind this attack, which have been revealed from time to time. Today we are going to tell the whole story of this attack in 10 points.
Facts about 26/11 mumbai attack
- The terrorists who participated in the 26/11 attack in the year 2008 were sent from Pakistan and were well trained. All of them came by sea route to enter India. Their main objective was to spread terror and get some of the top terrorists released from the Kandahar kidnapping case.
- The Mumbai terror attack was planned several months in advance. The terrorists involved in the attack used three SIM cards procured from the India-Bangladesh border. There were also reports that a SIM card was purchased in the US state of New Jersey.
- After this, on November 21, 2008, in a planned manner, ten terrorists came to India from Pakistan via Gujarat in a boat. On their way, they also killed four fishermen and threatened the captain of the boat to get entry into India.
- On 26 November 2008, the terrorists killed the captain and proceeded towards Colaba in a speedboat. Please tell here that before entering Mumbai, terrorists used to consume LSG, cocaine and steroids so that they could remain active for a long time.
- The terrorists then stormed Taj Hotel, Oberoi Trident and Nariman House as soon as they entered Mumbai. There were about six explosions in the Taj Hotel and many people were killed in it. The terrorists also held people hostage for 4 days and killed many of them in indiscriminate firing.
- About 64 people were killed and more than 600 people were injured in this terrorist attack carried out at different places in Mumbai. All the terrorists were killed in this attack but Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab was caught alive. Who was hanged on 21 November 2012 in Yerwada Jail.
- Ajmal Kasab, the only terrorist captured alive, was booked under various Acts including the Arms Act, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, Explosives Act, Customs Act, waging war against the country and various other sections of the Railways Act.
- In this attack, retired soldier Tukaram Omble and assistant sub-inspector of Mumbai Police laid down their lives to capture the lone surviving terrorist, Ajmal Kasab. Omble was awarded the Ashoka Chakra for extraordinary bravery and gallantry in the line of duty.
- Jamaat-ud-Dawa leader Hafiz Saeed was the mastermind of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks. Which Pakistan has been saving till date.
- Marine commandos also played an important role in killing the terrorists in this attack and Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan of NSG was martyred while saving commando Sunil Yadav, who was shot in the leg during the rescue operation at Taj.
For more update visit Hindumetro