Swami Vivekananda had a deep attachment towards religion and spirituality. He is called the knower of religion, philosophy, history, art, social science, literature. He was such a great man whose powerful speech and original mantra are still an inspiration for the youth.
The things he said to encourage the youth are remembered even today. This is the reason why every year Swami Vivekananda’s birth anniversary is celebrated as National Youth Day.
Let us tell you that the birthday of Narendranath Dutta i.e. Swami Vivekananda, born in the year 1863, is being celebrated every year since 1984 as National Youth Day. The whole life of Swami Vivekananda and the works done by him are inspiring for the youth even today. The whole life of Swami Vivekananda, who lived just 39 years, is going to inspire today’s students. Indian Hindu monk, philosopher, writer, religious teacher, Indian guru Swami Vivekananda, who was the chief disciple of Ramakrishna, gave many thoughts and statements to inspire the youth.
Know interesting things on the 160th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda
- This year i.e. 2023 will be the 160th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. Vivekananda died at the age of just 39.
- Swami Vivekananda renounced worldly attachments at the age of 25 and became a monk.
- Some of his special messages while addressing the youth are contemporary and useful even today.
- In the year 1900, when Swami Vivekananda came to India from Europe, Belur went to spend time with his disciples. This was the last tour of his life. He died two years later on July 4, 1902.
- Swami Vivekananda established the Ramakrishna Mission in Kolkata in 1897. After this, in 1898, Ramakrishna Math was established at Belur on the banks of river Ganga.
- On September 11, 1893, Swami Vivekananda’s speech in the Parliament of Religions in Chicago, America is considered historic. Here he started his speech by saying ‘Brothers and sisters of America’.
The basic mantras of Swami Vivekananda, which are inspiration for the youth
- Swami Vivekananda believed that every youth can contribute in nation building.
- The potential of the youth should be harnessed properly.
- He used to tell the youth to get out of their comfort zone and try to achieve their goals.
- He used to say, “Arise, awake and stop not till the goal is achieved.”
- Swami Vivekananda laid special emphasis on education to empower the youth.
- I believe in the young generation, the modern generation. They can fight against all problems like a lion.
- My courageous youth, have faith that you are everything – you have come on this earth to do great things. Even if the thunderbolt strikes, stand up fearlessly and engage in action. Be courageous
- When people abuse you, bless them. Think how much they are helping you by taking out your false self-conceit.
- You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.