It is a public holiday in many Indian states and government offices, schools and colleges are closed on this day. The champion of Dalit rights and the principal architect of the Indian Constitution, Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar was born on April 14, 1891 in Madhya Pradesh’s Mhow and each year, Babasaheb’s (as he is fondly called by his followers to acknowledge his gratitude) birth anniversary is celebrated as Ambedkar Jayanti to honour his countless contributions in the making of the present-day independent India.
Bharat Ratna awardee Babasaheb Ambedkar’s priceless thoughts inspire the entire human race. You too can make this day special by sharing these motivational quotes on Ambedkar Jayanti.
– Success is never sure,
Even failure is never final,
Keep up your efforts till
Until your victory becomes history.
If you don’t have the ability to tell wrong from wrong
Law and order is the medicine of the body politic,
When the body politic falls ill, medicine must be given.
– The person who always remembers his death, is always engaged in good work.
Life should be great rather than long.
Education is as important for men as it is for women.
Those who are free have to fight for their rights.
– The essence of life lies in those who keep themselves free.
– The people who work the most always make the least money.
Due to his Mahar caste since childhood, before converting to Buddhism, Dr BR Ambedkar witnessed economic and social discrimination and most of these painful experiences that honed Babasaheb’s life have been penned down by him in his autobiographical book ‘Waiting For A Visa’. It was on August 29, 1947, that he was appointed as the chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee for the constitution of independent India and after Independence, he was appointed as the law minister of India.
Ambedkar Jayanti is also known as Bhim Jayanti and is celebrated as a public holiday across India since 2015. On his 132nd birth anniversary this Friday, here are some inspiring quotes by him as we commemorate the memory of Dr Babasaheb Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar to boost our motivation:
- “I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved.”
- “I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality, and fraternity.”
- “Be educated, be organized, and be agitated.”
- “Cultivation of mind should be the ultimate aim of human existence.”
- “A great man is different from an eminent one in that he is ready to be the servant of the society.”
- “Freedom of mind is the real freedom.”
- “I am proud of my country, India, for having a constitution that enshrines principles of democracy, socialism, and secularism.”
- “Law and order are the medicine of the body politic, and when the body politic gets sick, medicine must be administered.”
- “Life should be great, rather than long.”
- “History shows that where ethics and economics come in conflict, victory is always with economics. Vested interests have never been known to have willingly divested themselves unless there was sufficient force to compel them.”