Sawan Shivratri 2023 Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati were tied in marriage on the date of Mahashivratri. That’s why Shivratri date has special importance. Later on, Mother Parvati had done a difficult penance for Lord Shiva. Pleased with the hard penance, Lord Shiva had accepted Mother Parvati in the form of Ardhangini. That’s why unmarried people worship Lord Shiva on Shivratri for early marriage.
According to the Hindu calendar, today is Sawan Shivratri. This festival is celebrated every month on the Chaturdashi of Krishna Paksha. It is enshrined in religious scriptures that Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati were tied in marriage on the date of Mahashivaratri. That’s why Shivratri date has special importance. Later on, Mother Parvati had done a difficult penance for Lord Shiva.
Pleased with the hard penance, Lord Shiva had accepted Mother Parvati in the form of Ardhangini. Therefore, unmarried people do special worship of Lord Shiva on Shivratri for early marriage. On the other hand, married women fast on Shivratri to get happiness, children and good fortune. There are many strict rules for performing Shivratri. By following these rules the fast is complete. If you are also fasting on Sawan Shivratri to get the desired groom, then definitely know the fasting rules. Let’s know-
What to do on the day of Sawan Shivratri
– On the day of Savan Shivratri, after bathing and meditating, first anoint Lord Shiva with the water of the Ganges. After that, anoint with raw milk. At the end, mix bel patra and fragrance in normal water and offer Arghya. If you want, anoint Lord Shiva with Panchamrit mixed with milk, curd, honey, Gangajal and water in a brass vessel.
To get the blessings of Lord Shiva, offer things like cannabis, datura, belpatra etc. on the Shivling. Recite Shiv Chalisa and perform aarti at this time.
– Must follow celibacy rules on Sawan Shivratri.
what not to do
Do not take food on Sawan Shivratri. If you are observing a fast, then eat fruits after the evening aarti. Take fruits only during day time. Open the fast on the next day of Sawan Shivratri by worshiping. Food can be taken at this time.
– Sleeping during the day is prohibited on Sawan Shivratri. So don’t sleep during the day even by mistake.
– On Sawan Shivratri, no member of the house should take vindictive food. Abstain from somersault and monstrous food.
– Do not consume sour things on Sawan Shivratri even by mistake.