Friday, July 5, 2024
HomeSpot lightCroatia vs Canada : Kramaric scores two goals to knock Canada out,...

Croatia vs Canada : Kramaric scores two goals to knock Canada out, Croatia wins

Croatia vs Canada – FIFA World Cup 2022

Defending runners-up Croatia came from behind to beat Canada 4-1 with Andrej Kramaric scoring twice. With this, Canada was eliminated in the group stage. Against the 2018 runners-up, Canada surprised them by scoring the first goal just 68 seconds into the match.

Andrej Kramaric Double Fires Croatia As Canada Crash Out Of World Cup |  Football News

Canada’s Alphonso Davies gave Canada the lead with a header in Sunday’s match at the Khalifa International Stadium. This lead did not last long, and before the end of the first half, Croatia took a two-goal lead. After the draw with Morocco in the first match, the Croatian team was considered to be weaker than the last World Cup, but Kramaric and Livaja scored goals before the end of the first half to put an end to this thinking.

Croatia's Kramaric bags double to dump Canada out - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

In their second match of Group F, Kramaric ended Canada’s dreams by scoring in the second half as well. After that, Lovro Major scored a goal in extra time to triple the lead. With this win, the defending runners-up went on top of the group table. A draw with Belgium in their next match will also see Croatia enter the knockout stage. After a second consecutive defeat, Canada was eliminated in the group stage.

Qatar World Cup 2022: Croatia national team roster | Selected players and  omissions - AS USA

They now have to face Canada in the final match. Canada scored the fastest goal of this World Cup. This is his first World Cup goal. The last time Canada played out a goalless draw was in 1986.

Croatia vs Canada (4-1)

Goalkeepers – Karmaric (36th, 70th), Livaja (44th), Major (90+4th minute), Alphonso Davis (2nd minute)


Croatia vs Canada match prediction

A goalless draw is still possible here, so any neutral spectators expecting a barrage of goals should go elsewhere. However, Dalic’s team can hold firm defensively and prevail in the midfield fight to win this game.
Canada is given a 27.0 per cent winning chance, Croatia is given a 47.0 per cent advantage, and the draw is regarded as somewhat less likely at 26 per cent.
Prediction: Croatia-1, Canada-0

Croatia vs Canada predicted line-ups

Croatia possible starting lineup: Livakovic; Juranovic, Lovren, Gvardiol, Sosa; Modric, Brozovic, Kovacic; Kramaric, Livaja, Perisic

Canada possible starting lineup: Borjan; Laryea, Johnston, Vitoria, Miller, Davies; Buchanan, Hutchinson, Eustaquio, Larin; David


Croatia vs Canada date, kick-off time, and venue

The third match on day 8 (Sunday, November 27th) of the FIFA World Cup 2022 will be played between Croatia and Canada. The game will begin at 21:30 IST and 20:00 GST (Gulf Standard Time). The venue of this encounter is – Khalifa International Stadium.


For more update visit hindumetro

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments